The Key to Loving Your Creative Partner
When executed properly, a marketing plan should be something that elicits feelings of adoration – particularly as you witness each element roll out, further solidifying your position in the marketplace and building your company’s one-of-a-kind brand (as well as your bottom line). The same should hold true for your creative partner – the one with whom you collaborated to create a marketing plan you both adore. In the event that you DON’T adore either, you may want to ask yourself the following five questions:
- Does My Creative Partner Respect My Team?: Whether an internal marketing department or an outside agency, your creative partner should not only want to hear your ideas, but should request them. While you’re likely partnering with them for their expert marketing status, no one knows your company and industry better than you and your leadership team. That said, a show of respect should also be seen in the way your creative partner strives to become a student of your company, industry and direct competitors.
- Is My Creative Partner Up-to-Date on the Latest Marketing Trends and Technology?:Thanks to the ever-evolving state of technology, the world is spinning even faster than in years past. It’s vital that you foster an environment of continuing education within your internal marketing department or expect your outside agency to stack its roster with some of the most knowledgeable digital marketing experts.
- Is My Creative Partner Truly CREATIVE?: Innovation is the key to standing out in a crowded marketplace – whether referring to your product line or your marketing messaging/visuals. You may be blessed with a marketing manager on your own staff who has great ideas, but lacks the graphic design skills to execute them. If that’s the case, forming an alliance between your internal marketing department and an external agency could prove a match made in heaven.
- Is There Chemistry Between My Team and My Creative Partner?: Like any great love affair, there HAS to be chemistry for the relationship to last. You may have found a creative partner through the referral of a trusted colleague, but when you brainstorm or roll out a campaign – there’s no real spark. You owe it to yourself to find a creative partner that makes your heart go pitter pat… and send your sales through the roof.
- Is My Creative Partner a “Cheap Date”?: We’ve all heard the phrase “you get what you paid for,” right? While all companies have budgets that they must work within, marketing – which entails the shaping of your company’s brand to the public – is not an area where you should cut corners. A friend of a friend who can design a website for next to nothing is probably not a wise investment if it could potentially harm your company’s brand image. You’ve worked too hard to build your company’s reputation and image to have it damaged by a few financial missteps.
Depending on your answers to the questions above, it may be time to find a creative partner you absolutely love! If not, be sure to tell your current creative partner how much your relationship means to you. Creative people THRIVE on praise.
About Woodall Creative Group: With more than twenty-five years and a treasure trove of awards to its credit, Woodall Creative Group excels at combining artistry with strategy, regularly implementing imaginative corporate branding campaigns and designing top-quality collateral materials such logos, brochures, marketing materials, social media branding, and packaging – among others. The Atlanta-based agency has served a wide variety of clients from a broad array of industries. Included among them are Kids ‘R’ Kids Learning Academies, Naturally Fresh, My Friend’s Place, Tri-State Tire and Carino’s Italian Grill, just to name a few. Additional services available at Woodall Creative Group include website development and design, advertising, marketing, social media management, public relations, experiential marketing, promotional products and more. For additional information, please visit www.woodallc.wpengine.com.